Almost everything is written on Linux specifically for UNIX like systems.
Some projects have been knocked up in perl so will work on other platforms (I have SPARC Solaris at work). Most are quite UNIX specific and will probably not work on Windows.
- Making menus - docs, ideas
- coding a menu making util
- experiences - wine with DVDShrink, dvdwizard
- Editing DV with kino
- Getting arbitrary videos encoded to other formats via ffmpeg and other tools
- subtitles with mencoder
- editing mpeg encodes from my domestic DVD recorder
- DVC4000 cheapo digital camera videos, nokia9500 videos
- PSP video encoding on Linux
Mobile phone connectivity
- Remove lag from PuTTY - similar to telnet(1) local echo, but a little more intelligent
- libusb access to 9500 to be equivalent to the level serial on 9210 is supported - hacking kernel usb drivers and watching interaction via vmplayer/ware running windows
- try same usb tracing with usb BT dongle running under guest OS for improving obex* access (obexftp to 9500 doesn't work like it does on 6820)
- fix syncml to work via BT and work better via WLAN network (multisync)
- plans for BT networking on 9300
- BT serial dongle, h/ware plans and putty port for serial terminal emulation
- BT obex push/pull documentation
- Abandoned - IrDA over lan, ioctl() remote.
- fusegphoto2 - perl based gphoto2 filesystem
- fuse-Zip::Archive - perl based .zip or .tar.gz mounting filesystem (the existing projects provide readonly access only Update 2006-03-06: okay archivemount now has some RW support)
- fuse-mtools - perl based stateless mtools using filesystem (mounting and umounting external devices is a pain, automounter isn't good enough, mtools is a pain to use, this is supposed to solve this).
- fuse-plp - perl based PLP access to symbian mobile phones, hopefully using a perl port of the KIO java PLP support for the 9210, see libusb section above
LiveCD for creditcard sized CDRs
- mkzftree, find $dir -anewer /tmp/touchedfile, unionfs, cpio-based initrd stand alone ./homedir/* kits to be re-mounted via the cd, most content in ram
- BootCD Kernel booting Kernel, or DOS+Loadlin (recent 2.6.* KEXEC kernel option)
- Brando MP4 watch
- wrt64g hacking
- xvoice, vmplayer bootable mini virtual machine to simplify everyones time with it's old OS dependencies.
- vsound is old and doesn't work on multithreaded apps, hack a kernel module.
- knock up a web based todo list that people can insert into, ideally using loads of .js and potentially clean browser interaction using ajax for the bumping of jobs up and down.